Personal InformationMore >>
Professor Supervisor of Doctorate Candidates Supervisor of Master's Candidates
1) Molecular view of insect molting process
2) Structure and function relationship of insect chitinolytic enzymes
3) Insect chitinolytic enzyme inhibitors
9/1999-3/2002 Ph.D. degree, in Biochemical engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China.
Advisor: Professor Lijia An
9/1992-7/1995 M.S. degree, in Biochemical engineering, Dalian University of Technology, Dalian, China.
Advisor: Professor Zhi-guo Su
9/1988-7/1992 B.S. degree, in Biochemistry, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China.
1/2019-present Professor, Institute of Plant Protection, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, China
7/1995-present Lecturer (1995), associate professor (2003) and professor (2006), School of Life Science and Technology, Dalian University of Technology, China
12/2007-4/2006 Visiting Researcher, University of California at Berkeley, USA. Collaborator: Professor John E. Casida (Member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences)
8/2005-4/2006 Postdoc, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, USA. Collaborator: Professor Junying Yuan (Member of American Academy of Arts and Sciences)
3/2000-1/2001 Visiting researcher, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden. Supported by NUTEK fund of Swedish Government. Collaborator: Professor Janson Jan-Christer
AWARDS & HONORS
2014 The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars
2007 “New Century Excellent Talents in Universities” sponsored by Chinese Ministry of Education
2006 Outstanding Young Teachers in Higher Education Institutions of Liaoning Province
2005 Fok Ying Tung Fund for Young Research sponsored by Chinese Ministry of Education
Editorial board member of Biofuels,Bioproducts and Biorefining (John Wiley publisher)
Editorial board member of Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology (Humana Press Inc.)
Section editor of Current Pharmaceutical Design (Bentham Science Publisher)
Experience in insect biochemistry, molecular biology, and structural biology
RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
2019-2023 The Key Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 31830076: “Structure of chitin synthase transmembrane domain and action mode of benzoyl urea pesticides in insects”.
2017-2020 National Key Research and Development Program of China, 2017YFD0200501:” The Exploration of agrochemicals’ molecular targets and the design of green pesticides”.
2015-2018 National Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholars, 31425021:” Pesticide Toxicology”.
2011-2014 National High-tech R&D Program of China (863 Program), 2011AA10A204-3:” Research and development of fungal and viral bioinsecticides”
2011-2013 The General Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China, 31070715: “Structural basis of the physiological role of the insect beta-N-acetylhexosaminidase OfHex1”.
2010-2014 National Key Basic Research Program of China (973 Program), 2010CB126102:” Biological specificity and druggability of molecular target candidates”.
(* stands for corresponding author)
1. Jiang X, Kumar A, Motomura Y, Liu T, Zhou Y, Moro K, Zhang KYJ, Yang Q*. Series of Compounds Bearing a Dipyrido-Pyrimidine Scaffold Acting as Novel Human and Insect Pest Chitinase Inhibitors. JOURNAL OF MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY. 2020. doi: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.9b01154.
2. Liu T, Guo X, Bu Y, Zhou Y, Duan Y, Yang Q*. Structural and biochemical insights into an insect gut-specific chitinase with antifungal activity. INSECT BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, 2020,119:103326.
3. Qi H, Liu T, Lu Q, Yang Q*. Molecular Insights into the Insensitivity of Lepidopteran Pests to Cycloxaprid. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD CHEMISTRY. 2020, 68(4):982-988.
4. Chen W, Zhou Y, Yang Q *. Structural dissection reveals a general mechanistic principle for group II chitinase (ChtII) inhibition. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY, 2019, 294: 9358-9364.
5. Liu L, Zhou Y, Qu M, Qiu Y, Guo X, Zhang Y, Liu T, Yang J, Yang Q*. Structural and biochemical insights into the catalytic mechanisms of two insect chitin deacetylases of the carbohydrate esterase 4 family. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 2019, 294: 5774-5783.
6. Liu L, Qu M, Liu T, Chen Q, Guo X, Yang J, Yang Q*. Biochemical characterization of three midgut chitin deacetylases of the Lepidopteran insect Bombyx mori. JOURNAL OF INSECT PHYSIOLOGY. 2019, 113: 42-48.
7. Wang D, Li A, Han H, Liu T, Yang Q*. A potent chitinase from Bacillus subtilis for the efficient bioconversion of chitin-containing wastes. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL MACROMOLECULES. 2018, 116: 863-868.
8. Duan Y, Liu T, Zhou Y, Dou T, Yang Q*. Glycoside hydrolase family 18 and 20 enzymes are novel targets of the traditional medicine berberine. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 2018, 293(40): 15429-15438.
9. Liu T, Duan Y, Yang Q*. Revisiting glycoside hydrolase family 20 β-N-acetyl-d-hexosaminidases: Crystal structures, physiological substrates and specific inhibitors. BIOTECHNOLOGY ADVANCES. 2018, 36: 1127-1138.
10. Chen W, Qu M, Zhou Y, Yang Q*. Structural analysis of group II chitinase (ChtII) catalysis completes the puzzle of chitin hydrolysis in insects. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 2018, 293(8): 2652-2660.
11. Liu T, Chen L, Zhou Y, Jiang X, Duan Y, Yang Q*. Structure, Catalysis, and Inhibition of OfChi-h, the Lepidoptera-exclusive Insect Chitinase. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 2017, 292(6): 2080-2088.
12. Chen L, Liu T, Duan Y, Lu X, Yang Q*. Microbial Secondary Metabolite, Phlegmacin B1, as a Novel Inhibitor of Insect Chitinolytic Enzymes. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE & FOOD CHEMISTRY. 2017, 65(19):3851-3857.
13. Jiang X, Kumar A, Liu T, Zhang KY, Yang Q*. A Novel Scaffold for Developing Specific or Broad-Spectrum Chitinase Inhibitors. JOURNAL OF CHEMICAL INFORMATION AND MODELLING. 2016, 56(12): 2413-2420.
14. Zhu W, Wang D, Liu T*, Yang Q*. Production of N-Acetyl-d-glucosamine from Mycelial waste by a combination of bacterial chitinases and an insect N-Acetyl-d-glucosaminidase. JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE & FOOD CHEMISTRY. 2016, 64(35): 6738-6744.
15. Bai J, Zhou Y, Chen Q, Yang Q*, Yang J*. Altering the regioselectivity of a nitroreductase in the synthesis of arylhydroxylamines by structure-based engineering. CHEMBIOCHEM. 2015, 16(8): 1219-1225.
16. Liu T, Xia M, Zhang H, Zhou H, Wang J, Shen X, Yang Q*. Exploring NAG-thiazoline and its derivatives as inhibitors of chitinolytic beta-acetylglucosaminidases. FEBS LETTERS. 2015, 589(1): 110-116.
17. Chen Q, Guo P, Xu L, Liu T, Qian X, Yang Q*. Exploring unsymmetrical dyads as efficient inhibitors against the insect β-N-acetyl-D-hexosaminidase OfHex2. BIOCHIMIE. 2014, 97: 152-162.
18. Chen L, Zhou Y, Qu M, Zhao Y, Yang Q*. Fully deacetylated chitooligosaccharides act as efficient glycoside hydrolase family 18 chitinase inhibitors. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY. 2014, 289(25):17932-17940.
19. Qu M, Ma L, Chen P, Yang Q*. Proteomic analysis of insect molting fluid with a focus on enzymes involved in chitin degradation. JOURNAL OF PROTEOME RESEARCH. 2014, 13(6): 2931-2940.
20. Chen L, Liu T, Zhou Y, Chen Q, Shen X, Yang Q*. Structural characteristics of an insect group I chitinase, an enzyme indispensable to moulting. ACTA CRYSTALLOGRAPHICA D BIOLOGY CRYSTALLOGRAPHY. 2014, 70(Pt 4): 932-942.
- 1、生物分子靶标的发现与验证； 2、生物分子靶标结构与功能研究； 3、有害生物分子调控技术研究