Personal InformationMore >>
Professor Supervisor of Doctorate Candidates Supervisor of Master's Candidates
A professor in Structural Engineering, Ph.D. advisor, vice Dean (2012-2014) and Dean (2014-2019) of Department of Civil Engineering of Dalian University of Technology. Selected as 'New Century Excellent Talents in University (NCET) of the Ministry of Education of China' in 2008 and the Vice President of Academic Committee of Digital Construction of the Architectural Society of China in 2017. Current research interests cover: 1） Intelligent, parametrized and optimal design of complex and super high-rise building structures; 2) Earthquake-induced damage scenario preview and smart disaster mitigiation design of concrete structures; 3) Performance of precast concrete structures; 4) Seismic performance-based analysis, design and assessment of structures. Also the principal investigator of 6 projects from the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the Ministry of Science and Technology of China, etc. Authored two books and 238 peer-reviewed journal and conference papers. The reviewer of more than 10 English journals and 10 Chinese journals. Also a visiting scholar in the University of Toronto (2004.02-2005.02), the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign (2009.01-2009.12) and a senior visiting scholar in the University of California at Berkeley (2015.01-2015.04) under the sponsorship of the China Scholarship Council.
Currently, our group focuses on the following area:
(1) Parametric modelling, analysis and intelligent design of structures;
(2) Design of precast and high-rise concrete structural systems;
(3) Development on computing program for nonlinear analysis of structures;
(4) Smart disaster prevention and mitigation for major engineering structures.
P.S. Selected published (and accepted) journal papers (2017.01.01-present):
(78) Xiaoying Ou, Zheng He(*), Bin Du, Maoxing Gao. Multiple-level earthquake-resistant design strategy for precast concrete frames with semi-rigid connections: a case study. Structures. Accepted on 2023.05.11. Paper ID: STRUCTURES-D-22-04023.
(77) Qian Tao, Zheng He(*), Haijiang Li. Simulation and factor analysis for post-earthquake recovery of densely populated urban residential communities in China. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering. Accepted on 2022.10.07. Paper ID: NSIE-2021-0422.
(76) Yang Yang(*), Yuanhang Li, Jing Wang, Zheng He, Xili Dong, Xiuxiu Yuan. Time-varying dynamic performance of a floating platform-mooring system based on the mechanical experimental data derivation method for corroded wire ropes. Ocean Engineering. 2023, 280: 114873.
(75) Bin Liang, Jilin Hou and Zheng He(*). Research on rapid assessment method for the vulnerability of structures with vulnerability index and disaster matrix. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. 2023, 21: 2691-2722.
(74) Zheng He(*), Maoxing Gao, Zhenhui Li, Zhuang Guo, Shanjie Ke, Zhe Qi, Xiang Tu, Bin Du and Xiao Lai. Parametrized multi-objective seismic optimization for precast concrete frame with a novel post-tensioned energy dissipation beam-column joint. Computers and Structures. 2023, 275: 106911.
(73) Tingting Liu, Zheng He(*). Enhancement of seismic damage endurance of large-span lattice shells with replaceable fuse-type components. Journal of Building Engineering. 2022, 62: 105365.
(72) Zheng He(*), Tian Liang, Xiao Lai, Maoxing Gao, Xiang Tu, Yi Lu. Vibration acceleration-integrated parametrized aerodynamic shape optimization of super high-rise buildings with spiral configurations. Structural and Multi-disciplinary Optimization. 2022, 65(9): 291.
(71) Xiao Lai, Zheng He(*). Dynamics-based analytical correlation between flexure-shear coupled model and frame-tube-outrigger model for frame core-tube structural systems. ASCE, Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 2022, 148(11): 04022068.
(70) Xiao Lai, Zheng He(*), Yuanyuan Chen, Yantai Zhang, Zhenhui Li, Zhuang Guo, Ling Ma. A modified spectral-velocity-based earthquake intensity measure for super high-rise buildings. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2022, 162: 107504.
(69) Xiao Lai, Zheng He(*). A generalized hybrid model considering earthquake-induced internal force distribution rules for super high-rise frame-core tube structures. Engineering Structures. 2022, 268: 114745.
(68) Yang Yang(*), Xiaoyun Chen, Yi Liu, Tianyu Xu, Pengyu Chen, Zheng He. Study on hysteretic performance of welded T-joints circular tube on platform considering seawater corrosion. Ocean Engineering. 2022, 259: 111942.
(67) Yang Yang(*), Yi Liu, Xiaoyun Chen, Zheng He, Dan Zhao, Lei Chen. Mechanical properties of steel plate compression joint under seawater corrosion and welding. Ships and Offshore Structures. 2022, TSOS2076991.
(66) Yang Yang(*), Xiuxiu Yuan, Yuanhang Li, Zheng He, Shenhe Zhang, Shaojie Zheng. Effect of time-varying corrosion on the low-cycle fatigue mechanical properties of wire rope. Ocean Engineering. 2022, 250: 111027.
(65) Dan Zhao, Yang Yang(*), Qiqi Lu, Zheng He, Yi Liu, Li Zhou. The effect of corrosion on the hysteresis properties of welded steel. Ships and Offshore Structures. 2022, TSOS2032988.
(64) Xiang Tu, Zheng He(*), Bowen Jiang, Bin Du, Zhe Qi, Guohui Huang. Strength-reserve-based seismic optimization for precast concrete frames with hybrid semi-rigid connections. Structural and Multi-disciplinary Optimization. 2022, 65(4): 109.
(63) Dianyou Yu, Zheng He(*). Digital twin-driven intelligence disaster prevention and mitigation for infrastructure: advances, challenges and opportunities. Natural Hazards. 2022, 112: 1-36.
(62) Huan Li, Xixian Chen, Hongliang Chen, Bowen Wang, Weijie Li(*), Shenglan Liu, Peng Li, Zuoqiu Qi, Zheng He, Xuefeng Zhao(*). Simulation of smartphone-based public participation in earthquake structural response emergency monitoring using virtual experiment and AI. Buildings. 2022, 12(4), 492.
(61) Bin Du, Zheng He(*), Wanliang Jiang, Xiang Guo, Guohui Huang. Design-oriented energy capacity spectrum method for seismic performance control of precast concrete structures with semi-rigid connections. ASCE, Journal of Structural Engineering. 2022, 148(6): 04022058.
(60) Xiao Lai, Shuaishuai He, Zheng He(*). Earthquake-resistant sub-system stiffness demand estimate of frame-core tube structures with mass and stiffness non-uniformities. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. 2022, 31: e1925.
(59) Xiang Tu, Zheng He(*), Guohui Huang. Seismic multi-objective optimization of vertically irregular steel frames with setbacks upgraded by buckling-restrained braces. Structures. 2022, 39: 470-481.
(58) Tingting Liu, Jeriniaina Sitraka Tantely, Zheng He(*). Effect of vertical-to-horizontal acceleration ratio of earthquake components on the utilization of buckling-restrained braces in steel frames. Structures. 2022, 38: 1111-1124.
(57) Wengao Lu(*), Zheng He. Effect of cable corrosion on nonlinear elastic stability of girder in cable-stayed bridges with floating systems. Structures. 2022, 37: 893-904.
(56) Zheng He(*), Maoxing Gao, Tian Liang, Yi Lu, Xiao Lai and Feng Pan. Tornado-affected safety assessment of tower cranes outer-attached to super high-rise buildings in construction. Journal of Building Engineering. 2022, 51: 104320.
(55) Bin Du, Wanliang Jiang, Zheng He(*), Zhe Qi, Chaojie Zhang. Development of a modified low-cycle fatigue model for semi-rigid connections in precast concrete frames. Journal of Building Engineering. 2022, 50: 104232.
(54) Yi Lu, Maoxing Gao, Tian Liang, Zheng He(*), Fan Feng, Feng Pan. Wind-induced vibration assessment of tower cranes attached to high-rise buildings under construction. Automation in Construction. 2022, 135: 104132.
(53) Yang Yang(*), Sheng Qian, Zheng He, Tianyu Xu. Design-oriented uniaxial material model for predicting longitudinal compressive behaviour of D36 steel plates with multiple mechanically induced pits. Ships and Offshore Structures. 2021, TSOS1934963.
(52) Tingting Liu, Zheng He(*). A multiple response-based structural capacity reserve assessment model for long-span single-layer lattice shells under strong earthquakes. Journal of Earthquake Engineering. 2021, 25(3): 2697-2717.
(51) Yang Yang(*), Wenzhu Li, Tianyu Xu, Zheng He. Dan Zhao. Experimental study of hysteretic behaviour of corroded steel with multi-angle welding joints. Journal of Constructional Steel Research. 2021, 187, 106990.
(50) Yang Yang(*), Tianyu Xu, Junli Guo, Zheng He, Houbiao Ma. Strength reserve assessment on pitting-corroded jacket offshore platforms based on the modified generalized constitutive model. Thin-Walled Structures. 2021, 169, 108494.
(49) Bin Du, Ge Li, Yan Wu, Zheng He(*), Zhe Qi, Guohui Huang. Efficient storey lateral stiffness estimate and gradient-based multi-objective optimization of reinforced concrete frames with hybrid semi-rigid precast connections. Engineering Optimization. 2021, 53(11): 1964-1979.
(48) Yang Yang(*), Tianyu Xu, Jingyuan Qin, Zheng He, Qiao Yu, Juan Su, Xiaofeng Zhou. Experimental study on the compression mechanical behaviour of steel pipes with mechanically induced pitting corrosion. Applied Ocean Research. 2021, 116, 102880.
(47) Zheng He(*), Zhinan Ren, Zhe Qi, Shaojun Fu. A temporal-spatial hybrid dynamic algorithm strategy for inelastic earthquake response analysis of super high-rise building structures. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Structures. 2021, 30(14): e1885.
(46) Xinqiang Yao, Bin Liang(*), Hai Zhang(*), Ziliang Zhang, Zheng He. Typical brick masonry walls reinforced with high-strength mortar and steel bars in the horizontal joints. Advances in Structural Engineering. 2021, 24(12): 2767-2779.
(45) Bin Du, Zheng He(*), Guohui Huang. An estimate on distribution of hysteretic energy demand in seismic precast concrete frame structures. Journal of Earthquake Engineering. 2021, 25(10): 1981-2007.
(44) Yang Yang(*), Xin Zhang, Zheng He, Junli Guo and Yi Liu. Uniaxial behaviour and corrosion-welding-based constitutive model of marine structural steel. Ocean Engineering. 2021, 235: 109370.
(43) Tingting Liu, Zheng He(*), Yang Yang. Damage-endurance-based seismic performance assessment for long-span lattice shells with pre-stressed elements. International Journal of Steel Structures. 2021, 21(3): 969-986.
(42) Yi Lu, Luo Zhang, Zheng He(*), Fan Feng, Feng Pan. Wind-induced vibration fragility of outer-attached tower crane to super-tall buildings: a case study. Wind and Structures. 2021, 32(5): 405-421.
(41) Jinke Li, Zheng He, Xuefeng Zhao(*). Data-driven building's seismic response estimation method using a deep convolutional neural network. IEEE Access. 2021, 9: 50061-50077.
(40) Xiao Lai, Zheng He(*), Yan Wu. Elastic inter-story drift seismic demand estimate of super high-rise buildings using coupled flexural-shear model with mass and stiffness non-uniformities. Engineering Structures. 2021, 226: 111378.
(39) Yang Yang(*), Fei Ji, Zheng He. Houbiao Ma, Ziyue Jia. Generalized hysteretic constitutive model of marine structural steel with pitting corrosion. Ocean Engineering. 2020, 218: 108248.
(38) Qian Tao, Zheng He(*). Functionality indicator for an occupant-centered performance model of high-rise residential buildings subjected to earthquakes. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering. 2020, 16(11): 1493-1511.
(37) Bin Du, Zheng He(*), Yan Wu, Guohui Huang and Feng Pan. A compatible energy demand estimate considering code-specified design spectra. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering. 2020, 137: 106273.
(36) Yang Yang(*), Qiao Yu, Zheng He, Jingyuan Qin, Juan Su. Investigation on failure mechanism of stiffened plates with pitting corrosion under uniaxial compression. Applied Ocean Research. 2020, 102: 102318.
(35) Yantai Zhang, Zheng He(*). Acceptable values of collapse margin ratio with different confidence levels. Structural Safety. 2020, 84: 101938.
(34) Xiang Guo, Zheng He(*), Jingjing Xu. Identification of incremental seismic damage development in RC structures excited with sequence-type ground motions. Structures. 2020, 24: 464-476.
(33) Zheng He(*), Yi Lu, Fengning Liu, Feng Pan, Shuaishuai He. An estimate on in-construction differential settlement of super high-rise frame core-tube buildings. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. 2020, 29(9): e1737.
(32) Xiang Guo, Zheng He(*). A macroscopic approach for evaluation on damage development within reinforced concrete wall-frame structures under strong earthquakes. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. 2020, 29(9): e1731.
(31) Tingting Liu, Zheng He(*), Yang Yang. Vertical earthquake vulnerability of long-span spherical lattice shells with low rise-span ratios. Engineering Structures. 2020, 207: 110181.
(30) Yang Yang(*), Ruixin Huang, Zheng He. Experimental study of the uniaxial compressive behaviour of DH36 steel plates with mechanically induced pits. Ocean Engineering. 2020, 200: 107058.
(29) Qiao Tao, Zheng He(*). Measurement of the threshold of community seismic resilience using dynamics-based metrics. Structural Safety, 2020, 83: 101907.
(28) Xiang Tu, Zheng He(*), Guohui Huang. Performance-based multi-objective collaborative optimization of steel frames with fuse-oriented buckling-restrained braces. Structural and Multi-disciplinary Optimization. 2020, 61(1): 365-379.
(27) Yantai Zhang, Zheng He(*). Seismic collapse risk assessment of super high-rise buildings considering modeling uncertainty: a case study. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. 2020, 29: e1687.
(26) Zhinan Ren, Zheng He(*), Zhe Qi. A temporal hybrid dynamic integration algorithm strategy for inelastic time-history analysis of high-rise reinforced concrete structures under strong earthquakes. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings. 2020, 29: e1690.
(25) Houbiao Ma, Yang Yang(*), Zheng He, YahuiZhang, Fei Ji. Experimental study on mechanical properties of steel under extreme cyclic loading considering pitting damage. Ocean Engineering. 2019, 186: 106091.
(24) Ziyue Jia, Yang Yang(*), Zheng He, Houbiao Ma, Fei Ji. Mechanical test study on corroded marine high performance steel under cyclic loading. Applied Ocean Research. 2019, 93(12): 101942.
(23) Jeriniaina Sitraka Tantely, Zheng He(*). Vertical collapse safety margin assessment for steel frames against earthquake-induced loss of column. Engineering Failure Analysis. 2019, 105(11): 945-960.
(22) Jeriniaina Sitraka Tantely, Zheng He(*). Collapse safety margin-based design optimization of steel structures with concentrically braced frames. Advanced Steel Construction. 2019, 137:(2): 137-144.
(21) Zheng He(*), Tingting Liu. Structural-capacity-reserved-based performance assessment of long-span single-layer lattice shell structures. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 2019, 159: 301-314.
(20) Zheng He(*), Xiaoying Ou, Jiangwei Li, Jinping Ou. Collapse-safety-margin-oriented seismic retrofit strategy for corroded reinforced concrete frames using fiber reinforced plastics. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 2019, 15(8): 1025-1035.
(19) Zheng He(*), Ning An, Yantai Zhang. The 50-year expectation of structural residual seismic capacity ratios based on uniform collapse probability. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 2019, 17(5): 2459-2484.
(18) Yantai Zhang, Zheng He(*). Appropriate ground motion intensity measures for estimating earthquake demand of floor acceleration-sensitive elements in super high-rise buildings. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 2019, 15(4): 467- 483.
(17) Yang Yang(*), Qingjin Wu, Zheng He, Ziyue Jia, Xiaowei Zhang. Seismic collapse performance of jacket offshore platforms with time-variant zonal corrosion model. Applied Ocean Research, 2019, 84: 268-278.
(16) Zheng He(*), Xiang Guo, Yantai Zhang, Xiaoying Ou. Global seismic damage model of RC structures based on structural modal properties. ASCE, Journal of Structural Engineering, 2018, 144(10): 04018171.
(15) Zheng He(*), Zheng Wang, Yantai Zhang. Collapse safety margin and seismic loss assessment of RC frames with equal material cost. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 2018, 27(1): e1407.
(14) Xiang Guo, Zheng He(*). Vibration-mode-based story damage and global damage of reinforced concrete frames. Earthquakes and Structures, 2018, 14(6): 589-598.
(13) Yantai Zhang, Zheng He(*), Youfu Yang. A spectral-velocity-based combination-type earthquake intensity measure for super high-rise buildings. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 2018, 16(2): 643-677.
(12) Yantai Zhang, Zheng He(*), Wengao Lu, Youfu Yang. A spectral-acceleration-based linear combination-type earthquake intensity measure for high-rise buildings. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 2018, Vol. 22(8): 1479-1508.
(11) Yuan Yao, Yang Yang(*), Zheng He, Yanpeng Wang. Experimental study on generalized constitutive model of hull structural plate with multi-parameter pitting corrosion. Ocean Engineering, 2018, 170: 407-415.
(10) Houbiao Ma, Yang Yang(*), Zheng He, Ziyue Jia, Yahui Zhang. Experimental study on constitutive relation of the high performance marine structural steel under extreme cyclic loads. Ocean Engineering. 2018, 168: 204-215.
(09) Zheng He(*), Shaojun Fu, Yongan Shi, Qian Tao, Chengjiang Sun. New speedup algorithms for nonlinear dynamic time history analysis of super tall building structures under strong earthquakes. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 2017, 26(6): e1369.
(08) Zheng He(*), Shaojun Fu, Jinping Ou. State transformation procedures for fiber beam-column element in inelastic dynamic time-history analysis for moment-resisting frames. ASCE, Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 2017, 31(5): 04017036.
(07) Zheng He(*), Zhenyu Zhu, Xiang Guo, Tingting Liu, Yitao Hu. Development of a macroscopic global seismic damage model for lattice shell structures. ASCE, Journal of Structural Engineering, 2017, 143(2): 04016174.
(06) Zheng He(*), Yichao Xu. Correlation between global damage and local damage of RC frame structures under strong earthquakes. Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2017, 24(3): e1877.
(05) Wengao Lu, Zheng He(*). Potential correlation between corrosion-induced configuration alteration and seismic performance of long-span cable-stayed bridges with floating system. ASCE, Journal of Bridge Engineering, 2017. 22(12): 04017105.
(04) Qian Tao, Zheng He(*). Change mechanism of solver performance: with a special focus on time history analysis of supertall buildings. The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 2017, 26(17): e1389.
(03) Jeriniaina Sitraka Tantely, Zheng He(*). Seismic collapse margin of steel frame structures with symmetrically placed concentric braces. International Journal of Steel Structures, 2017, 17(3): 969-982.
(02) Yang Yang(*), Xuhua Ying, Bixin Guo, Zheng He. Collapse safety reserve of jacket offshore platforms subjected to rare intense earthquakes. Ocean Engineering, 2017, 131: 36-47.
(01) Guofu Qiao(*), Bingbing Guo, Jinping Ou, Zuohua Li, Zheng He. Corrosion behavior of steel bar embedded in cement-based conductive composite. Construction and Building Materials, 2017, 134: 388-396.
- Smart disaster prevention and mitigation for major engineering structures
- Modelling, Analysis and Assessment of Super High-rise Buildings
- Performance-based Seismic Design of Structures